Newport Beach, CA
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to join Beacon Pointe as a Performance Analyst in our Newport Beach, CA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comprehensive servicing oversight of institutional client assignments – to include the following:
- Administration of client pertinent data in Microsoft Outlook database
- Working knowledge and familiarity with key components of client organization and servicing requirements
- Relationship management with client representatives and related vendor organizations (investment managers, custodians)
- Coordination, completion and follow through of all projects pertaining to clients
- Back office expert in all matters pertaining to client under assignment umbrella
- Orchestration and coordination of commission recapture programs for clients, to include monitoring of investment managers compliance with policies and protocols
- Create portfolio transition plans for any new clients
- Process cash withdrawal requests for clients, involving coordination with investment managers and custodians
- Oversee production and binding of all reports
- Research corporate actions on behalf of clients with the assistance of custodians and investment managers.
- Prepare fee analysis of individual investment managers and overall portfolio as needed
Client Investment Policy Statements
- Maintenance and upkeep of investment guidelines for each institutional client
- Amendments to guidelines on an ongoing basis – including review of compliance and manager transitions/changes
- On a quarterly basis, review/ensure that performance and asset allocation are compliant with stated strategy parameters
Asset Allocation Studies
- Conducting asset allocation studies for clients as needed – to include preparation of efficient frontiers and recommended asset allocations using in-house portfolio optimization software
- Evaluation of any tax concerns, spending policies and client goals relevant to the asset allocation analysis
- Performing Monte Carlo Analysis on current and recommended portfolios using in-house software
- Compile final asset allocation analysis report into format for client/prospect
Investment Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Oversight of statement intake from all client custodians and managers – tracking and routine dissemination of statements to responsible party who enters them into InvestorForce system (typically by month end) – making certain all statements are in, and tracking down any that are missing
- For each client’s given reporting cycle, summarization of performance data into a one-page “Executive Summary” for assigned clients
- Reconciliation of all internally calculated returns with investment managers to ensure accuracy
- Scrutiny and diligence in review of all compiled numeric information, taking extraordinary measures to maximize accuracy
- Absolute adherence to quality-control protocol – adhering to timeframe goals while obtaining necessary review signoffs
- Prepare up-to-date off-period performance figures prior to quarterly meetings so that the consultants and clients can see how the portfolio has performed after quarter end
Investment Manager Research
- Production of performance attribution reports on a quarterly basis for investment managers and related vehicles
- Generation of Style Advisor “Zephyr” reports to screen potential new managers and monitor existing managers
- Prepare investment manager search presentations with the collaboration of the consultants and manager research analysts; involves use of Morningstar Direct, Informa – Zephyr SytleAdvisor, phone and internet research
Other Performance Expectations
Practice and Promote “Beacon Pointe’s Values” by:
1. Commitment to Clients
- Providing clients with a superior investment experience through favorable long-term investment performance, attending to their service needs, and preserving client
2. Commitment of Employees
- Integrity: Demonstrating high standards of business ethics, personal conduct and professional skills; and adhering to established Company practices, policies and
- Respect: Treating other employees with respect and dignity, and by preserving employee
- Teamwork: Working to preserve a supportive work environment to meet business objectives.
- Community: Participating in, as feasible, continuing professional education and
3. Commitment to Prosperity
Demonstrate commitment to our business goal of achieving prosperous growth for our clients, firm, employees and other stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to travel as
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CFA candidates preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00
May be required to work extended hours to meet business needs, and while traveling. Unusual schedules may be required while traveling on company business and may include weekends and/or holidays to meet business schedules.
Interested candidates please click on the following link to complete a brief assessment that is part of the application process. We suggest allowing 15 – 20 minutes to complete the assessment. Once the you have completed it, you will see a button where you can add a resume to your profile. Please make sure and include your resume as well prior to completing the process. Click here to begin: http://bit.ly/BPICSNPB